Orchid World Barbados is a beautifully landscape six acre tropical garden located in the lush interior of Barbados. The well-landscape grounds in St. George sits at an elevation of approximately 810 ft above sea level. This provides visitors with spectacular panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
Well regarded as the home of orchids in Barbados the self guided tour will take you through beautiful gardens a number of waterfalls, ponds, a coral grotto and five delightful orchid houses.
If you are an orchid lover you wouldn’t be disappointed on this tour as there are numerous eye-catching displays of these enchanting flowers. Orchids on display include Ascoccendas, Calantthes, Dendrobiums, Cattlyeas, Phalaenopsis and Vandas.
What You’ll Find At Orchid World Barbados
At Orchid World Barbados you’ll discover a collection of orchids, many of them imported from places such as Thailand, Singapore, Hawaii and the USA. Among the wide variety of orchids on display you’ll find
- Ascocendas – this is a man-made hybrid orchid genus resulting from a cross between Ascocentrum and Vanda
- Calanthes – is a deciduous terrestrial orchid found in most tropical regions but with high concentrations in southeastern Asia
- Cattlyeas – this orchid is one of the epiphytic orchids found at Orchid Word
- Dendrobiums – are one of the favorite orchids at Orchid World Barbados because of their color range
- Phalaenopsis – also known as the moth orchid is one of the most common orchid flower grown
- Vandas – are known for their eye-catching blooms
Tour Orchid World Barbados
If you would like to explore a winding path lined with colorful orchids on a self-guided tour past a waterfall and coral grotto to a series of orchid houses. Then this is the tour for you…
- Self guided Orchid World & Tropical Flower Garden tour
- Wander through this amazing hillside garden filled with stunning flowers.
- Get amazing photo opportunities from hillside vantage points
- Book this tour online today!
Other Attractions Near Orchid World Barbados
Hunte’s Gardens is located approximately 7 minutes or 5.3 kilometers from Orchid World Barbados. This amazing botanical garden have been describe as the most enchanting place on earth.
The Flower forest is located approximately 13 minutes or 8.6 kilometers from Orchid World Barbados. This nature reserve features fifty acres of natural beauty enhanced by creative landscaping.